Thursday, January 29, 2009

ALA Mid Winter Conference

Having never gone to this conference it was a learning experience. I attended several committee meetings and spent time in the exhibits visiting with new and old vendors. The most exciting part of the conference for me was the press conference where all the Youth Media Awards were announced. As books were announced there was clapping from the crowd and for some awards whoops and hollers. You can view all the award winners at ALA

I now have a long list of books to read and to purchase for my granddaughter.

Over the next week, I will post information about my other activities at the conference and news from the exhibit hall.

I stayed at a bed & breakfast Inn while in Denver, the Castle Marne . I was spoiled by their hospitality!!

No comments:

Post a Comment