Friday, May 22, 2009

Bibliographies & Citations

I don’t know about you but every time I have to create a book list or bibliography, I dread it. What style of citation should I use? Will I get the punctuation right? I just want to get it done and move on.

Now I know there are websites where you can put in the information and at a click of the mouse it is put in citation form but now I have an easier way. WorldCat. That’s right the OCLC online catalog of books, articles, DVD’s and more. There is a Cite this Item link in the record of materials found in WorldCat through First Search.

If you search through the WorldCat.org public website you can also get a citation. When the specific item you searched for is displayed look just at the top of the record are links to cite, print, email and more. Click site and you can choose from five difference citation styles--APA. Chicago (Author-Date), Harvard, MLA or Turabian

Check it out the next time you have to make up a list of books

No comments:

Post a Comment