Monday, November 16, 2009

Illinois Author’s Luncheon Oct. 9, 2009

This is my last post about the ILA Conference, Next will be ISLMA

Vicki Myron, Author of Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World was the speaker at the Author’s Luncheon ILA traditional final event of each conference. First I must say that I am NOT a cat person and I did not know if I would really enjoy the luncheon or not but I did. I had read the book and it was OK. I found it fascinating how the town folk came together not only in support of Dewey but in support of each other and the continued existence of the town. Vicki was recovering from a cold but persevered in giving us a look at Dewey and an insider’s view of publishing a book that no one tells you about till you do it.

Next up for Dewey is a feature film starring Meryl Streep and yes, Vicki said she will have a small walk-on role in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment