Monday, February 9, 2009

Virtual Meetings

This morning I had an interesting experience. The OCLC Members Council met virtually using the services of Learning Times.

Before the meeting there were tech checks and orientations that did not mean the meeting went smoothly. I had problems with sound and was told to log out then back in. It worked but when I had to do it a second time I exceeded the limit on the room so I missed about ½ of the first hour of the meeting.

Luckily for the breakout meetings of Service Groups there was a new login to try. All went well, and then the meeting was closed about ½ ways through. Logging back in, the meeting continued. However, as chair of the meeting, it was frustrating, not knowing if I could get back in and what would happen if I didn’t?

Well, after two hours the meeting was over and they put up an evaluation form, which I filled out.

Tomorrow and Wednesday we have virtual meetings again. I will let you know how they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment