Thursday, September 24, 2009

Professional Media

As a director of a library system, I rarely read reviews of general fiction or non-fiction for adults or children. We don’t buy in those areas. However, I always look at the reviews of under the professional literature or media heading.

In looking at the September 1, 2009 issue of Library Journal I noticed that the reviews of Professional Media and now “Web-Only.” Just go to www.libraryjournal.com and look under Reviews/professional Media.

I took a look and the reviews are there just as they were in print. I looking at the ones for Aug. 15 there was a book titled Searching 2.0 by Michael Sauers. The only reason I mention this is that I have been in Plinkit committee meetings with Michael and did not know he was writing a book.

Oh the small world of librarianship.

1 comment:

  1. Today's media industry is a multiplatform, multichannel world characterised by social media, interactivity, and user-generated content. Hungry for fresh ideas and new content, it offers all kinds of creative and business opportunities. Our short courses in Professional Media Practice are designed to explore these new challenges and help you to develop the creativity, confidence and new skills you need to make the most of this rapidly evolving landscape.

    car servicing

    ReplyDelete